Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Chair Revamp

The one thing I have been keeping my eye out for was a chair for my built in desk. I had been using a chair from my breakfast table until now. http://thewardlaws.blogspot.com/2010/01/place-of-my-own.html

So, out on my garage sale hunt last weekend, I spoted a cute little chair that needed a new home. Nothing special, but I thought the spooled legs made the chair interesting. It was the right size and sturday and so it went home with me for $5.

When I got home, I hunted through the garage stock of paint to see what I could find that wouldn't require a trip to Home Depot. I found a basic can of white Kilz primer that I brushed on for the first coat. Then two coats of paint from a bucket of Behr cream satin enamel interior paint that we used to touch up our trim in the house and that also matches the paint color of our desk.

Next I got on http://www.etsy.com/, and found a vinly monogram that I liked and asked the seller if she would produce a custom size for me. She agreed to two custom size monograms for $4 shipped. And there we go...my desk is finally complete!

Before


After










0 comments: