We started out with breakfast at Blue Heaven, where you literally dine with the chickens and I was able to enjoy some delicious pineapple pancakes! Blue Heaven has a century-old history of entertaining Key West islanders. Fun Fact...Through the years, the property has hosted cock-fighting, gambling, and Friday night boxing matches refereed by Ernest Hemingway.
Then a quick stop to take a cheesy pic...


Followed by more time enjoying the sunny weather at the beach. I finished two books and started a third including Anne of Green Gables, Bergdorf Blondes (Talk about two extremes), and started The Lord of the Rings (I read The Hobbit a couple of months ago and now I am hooked). Justin always reads a Nelson Demille novel on vacation.
The night ended with Key lime Pie Ice Cream. It was pretty incredible and deemed Justin's favorite of the key lime pie experiences, but I have to vote on the traditional version as my fave.
We slept good, knowing we were on our way home to see our boys the next day!

1 comments:
Love Bergdorf Blondes. You should read her other book Debutant Divorcees. Definitely extremely different than Ann of Green Gables.
Post a Comment