The big day is still a couple days away, but we decided to celebrate early this year since all of our family was still in town from the Christmas break. I had been asking David for months what kind of birthday party he wanted, and he never veered..."A Thomas Party."
In honor of the New Year, we had to eat black eye peas and cornbread for lunch.
It was such a fun and laid back day of celebration with family.
The present of the day, had to be his new bicycle from his Grammy and Pops. His Grammy and I found this at one our favorite second hand stores down the road from her house for $10 before Thanksgiving! We both screamed out when we saw it sitting out front of the store because we knew it was perfect. With a new coat of paint from Pops, it looks brand new! David took off on it immediately like he had been riding forever. Such a fearless natural.
He spent the rest of the day jumping from outside on his bike to playing with his new set of tinker toys inside. I had to have a talk with his daddy and Uncle Martin about sharing and not hogging all the tinker toys for their own creative masterpieces!
We loved our special day celebrating our biggest boy!



2 comments:
Bakery Crafts candle! I love it. I have always had to order them because I can't find them in Abilene...but it is Abilene. :) Anyhow, can't believe how big he is getting! Time flys! Hope 2011 is off to a great start for your family!
HAppy Birthday big guy! Time sure does fly. He is getting so big.
Post a Comment