Saturday, March 13, 2010

Who's excited about his new room??

Asher Pace!


Just when I had Asher's nursery the way I wanted it, we decided to move!  By then, I had a newborn, a toddler, and a new house and no time to fix another room.  I quickly painted his room blue, threw his furniture and inside and have spent the last several months dissatisfied with the paint color and overall look.  I finally saw a vision for what I wanted and went with it. 

Nothing fancy. I just wanted a room that was a little brighter and that could also double as a guest room for our visitors.  Don't worry visitors!  Unless you really want to sleep in the same room with Asher, like I know his doting grandmothers might enjoy, we would move Asher into the office or our bedroom whenever we have company.

Here is what we did:
1) I painted the walls yellow while Justin was out of town.
2) Brought in my daybed from high school.
3) Found a matching Jenny Lind changing table on Craigslist for $14. I love craigslist!
4) Framed some photography and free artwork that I downloaded from Feed Your Soul.


5) Cut down a branch from my magnolia tree in the backyard and hung it from the ceiling.

6) Sewed a couple birds together to sit on its limbs.  




I plan on sewing a couple more birds and putting his name under the white ledge on his wall similar to this below.   I am very excited to have this project done and a completed room for my baby boy!



3 comments:

Lori said...

love the new room...you are the best at decorating! the hand sewn birds are my favorite.

Jill said...

I love it! I have missed reading your blog. I thought I was already "following" you and that you just hadn't updated in a while, turns out I wasn't. I enjoyed reading back over all that's been going on with you guys. David and Asher are both handsome as can be! And I'm going to be copying a lot of what you do with the boys now, you are the best mom!!!

Anonymous said...

I came here to leave a snide comment about the tree branch but after that last picture I'm just confused. Who is Cole Alexander?