Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy 6 Months Old


Asher turned 6 months old Monday and if I had to describe him in one word, it would be "happy"! He is such a precious gift and smiles continuously at anybody who looks at him. I can't get enough of kissing his sweet cheeks and hearing his fun giggle. Here are his stats:

- He has been getting around pretty independently for almost a month and is officially crawling since last week, a couple weeks earlier than his brother started crawling.

- He thinks he can stand on his own and tries to get directly on his feet from a crawling position.  Strangest thing I have ever seen.

-Started sitting all by himself last week as well. 

-The bumbo didn't last long.  He tries to do a suicide jump from it every time.  It is now retired to the closet and he sits strapped into a 5-point harness in the high chair.

- 90th percentile in height, and 30th percentile in weight. I just can't get a fat baby!

-Started eating cereal last week. If he is really hungry, he can gulp down an entire bowl and ask for seconds. Hates bananas but I am not giving up. Hopefully he will be like his brother and still love baby food when he is two (or "applesauce", as David refers to anything pureed). Such an easy way to make sure he never misses out on his vegetables for the day.

- He hasn't really been interested in napping well these days, but remains happy regardless. This is completely unlike David, who would lose his sanity one minute past his scheduled nap time and still takes a 3 hour nap or longer every afternoon.

- He has been sleeping through the night since he was about 3 months old. He sleeps anywhere from 10 to 12 hours a night!


2 comments:

Lori said...

he is one busy baby!! so adorable too. we love our asher!

The Davis Daily said...

Love that precious smile! I don't think I have seen one picture where he isn't smiling!