We are snowed in once again! Since there is nothing much to post about since we haven't been able to do much since we were iced in last week, I decided to post pics of David's room.
The bed was a craigslist purchase. I loved it since he was still a crazy sleeper when we transitioned him out of his crib. I was able to leave the box springs out and give the bed deep walls on all sides. He still sleeps in it like a crib...all over the place. The table and chairs were mine that I received for my first Christmas. I painted them blue and white. His Pops built the toy box, and the bedding and curtains are from Target's Dwell Studio. I found them on super clearance (I think I paid $12 for the bedding) and ended up buying two sets. One is waiting for Asher in the closet.
Since we don't have a play room, this is also the boy's play room too. I tried to set it up as user-friendly as I could for both of them. Asher basically just sleeps in his room and does everything else in David's room.
The vision is for them to eventually share a room. I see fun bunk beds in our future!
You will notice there is no dresser in the room. That is because this room has great closet space. One closet is devoted completely to toys, puzzles, and general storage, and the other closet has his hanging clothes and a chest of drawers.
I keep most of our books in a bookshelf in Asher's room, and update David's bookshelf every couple of weeks with new books according to the season, holiday, or whatever we are working on.
Who doesn't love a good blackboard! I painted a piece of leftover particle board with chalkboard paint and hung it on the wall. The bucket on the side is full of chalk and erasers.
I am over the weather. Can't wait for the sunny weekend and more exciting things to post!

2 comments:
You are so cute and great at being a mommy. I wanted to ask you for some really cute idea for the kids for Valentines day. I know that you have been thinking of all sorts of things for the kids so I knew I could ask you and it would be in my price rang. If you have any good one just send them my way please
Thanks
I agree with Nat, you are a great momma and SO creative! Love David's room...it is just precious. And what a steal of a deal on his bed, so cute!
Post a Comment