Friday, October 15, 2010

Gettin Crafty

I don't exactly consider myself a crafty person.  I love to sew, but crafts don't typically get me that excited.  However, I really wanted a new Fall wreath.  I have a cute one, but it has seen better days.  In the past, I would have said "no" to hot glue and "yes" to a brand new wreath from Target, but we are on a budget.  I guess I should be thankful, because it was a lot more fun to create for $3 than to spend $20 on a new wreath and have buyer's remorse.  I always have buyer's remorse.  I really need to get over that because it really makes it no fun to shop!


So here is how it is done.  Buy a straw wreath from a craft store.  I got mine 50% off at Hobby Hobby for $1.75, collect a whole lot of acorns (a fun project for a little boy), get out your hot glue gun and start sticking.  That is pretty much it. 

If anyone has these cool acorns in their yard, I love this wreath from one of my favorite blogs.http://placetobloom.blogspot.com/2009/11/holiday-wreath-with-bloom-guest-dana.html

1 comments:

The Gradke Family said...

so cute and a great idea. i love doing fun crafts but i do think that i will be finding any acorns here in az. have any ideas on what i could use.