We were finally able to get away to the lake last weekend. It rained off and on all weekend, but we got out anyway. We were really thankful for the sun when it did shine through the clouds.
Saturday, we drove to Mineola for lunch and indulged in an amazing burger, fries and coconut pie from East Texas Burger. What a treat! Mostly, the entire weekend was spent lounging, eating, reading, fishing, and taking walks. David slept for the first time in a big boy bed for his nap. We put him down in the big bed for the night too, but he started crying and asking us to sleep with him. We asked him if he wanted to go back in the crib and he said, "Go back in crib." He slept peacefully the rest of the night. I guess there is something comforting about the four walls of his crib. No rush here. I am perfectly content with "confined" sleeping and having a little baby boy as long as I can.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Lake Weekend
David's pet lizard for the weekend. Yes, the lizard was dead. (Even his eyes were missing!) But David didn't seem to mind. We set it up on the ledge of the back porch and it stayed there the entire weekend. David is going to be surprised one day when he realizes that lizards don't usually hang out all day in one place!
We met some friendly horses...
And fed them a snack.
Posted by The Wardlaw's at 12:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love these family time. Great fun memories. The lizard really made me laugh.
Big boy beds are over rated. Keep him little as long as u can. I moved Jake out at 2 when we movied and I wish I did not. Haven will stay in as long as I can keep her in
Post a Comment