Monday, March 7, 2011

In Mourning

This week I am in mourning over Asher's long hair.  We had let his hair grow pretty long.  I liked it, but it needed a little trim.  It kept getting in his eyes, and strangers would talk about what a beautiful little girl  he was at least several times a day.  Of course, he didn't look like a little girl.  He looked like a little boy with long hair!  However, since they were being sweet enough to give him a compliment, I didn't think it was worth the imbarressment I saw on their faces when I corrected them, so I would just let it go.  Here is a shot of his long curls that his Grammy took while he was helping her do laundry last weekend.


So Justin bravely accepted the responsibility of trying to "trim" Asher's hair.  He trimmed and he trimmed, but in the end, he looked more like Lloyd Christmas (for all you Dumb & Dumber fans out there) than my cute little boy. 


So, I did what I should have done in the first place and took him into the professionals.  At least, if he started out with a good hair cut, I could grow it out again if we wanted to.

It is not fair that he looks like such a big boy now!

4 comments:

Daddy Dub said...

Lloyd Christmas!! I approve. Pictures of that por favor.

The Gradke Family said...

WOW. He looks like such a big boy now. SO CUTE!!!!

jaime mcnab said...

Isnt it amazing how one haircut can make them grow up SO fast! He is so handsome!

Kim W. said...

I hear ya...felt the same way when we cut Jack's curls off...SO sad. Yet, they are so stinkin' cute with that big boy haircut, too! Hope yall are doing great! Your boys are adorable!