Recently, I decided to move around furniture in our house. When we first moved into our home, I had put this armoire in David's room for extra storage. I had painted the front panels with chalk board paint to make them a little more kid friendly. However, it turned out that I never used the armoire for storage because I had so much storage space in his closets. It was basically acting as an overpriced chalkboard in his room.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Art Armoire
It has been said that I have a "collection" of armoires in my house! I find this to be a gross exaggeration! Five armoires hardly represents a collection...right? They just happen to each have a specific purpose. At least that is what I argue every time my sweet husband tries to convince me to give them away, before we (or he) has to move them to another house! Four house later my armoires are still with me! He must love me as much as he says he does!
Recently, I decided to move around furniture in our house. When we first moved into our home, I had put this armoire in David's room for extra storage. I had painted the front panels with chalk board paint to make them a little more kid friendly. However, it turned out that I never used the armoire for storage because I had so much storage space in his closets. It was basically acting as an overpriced chalkboard in his room.
So, to change things up a bit, I (or my sweet husband) moved the furniture to our formal living room that is right off the kitchen. I wanted storage space all my own where I could keep my art supplies, sewing machine, files, and other things that I use frequently and keep them out of the reach of mischievous fingers! I am bored, bored, bored of the brown and black furniture in our house and decided my new art armoire needed a fresh look! So I picked out Blue Denim from Martha's beautiful line of paint colors at home depot. I primed, painted a coat of choclate brown, and them a good coat of Blue Denim, and sanded away to give it a little more texture and let the brown shine through, and here is the final result. I still feel like it needs some more sanding, but it it fun to have a little color in the house and a new place all my own!
Recently, I decided to move around furniture in our house. When we first moved into our home, I had put this armoire in David's room for extra storage. I had painted the front panels with chalk board paint to make them a little more kid friendly. However, it turned out that I never used the armoire for storage because I had so much storage space in his closets. It was basically acting as an overpriced chalkboard in his room.
Posted by The Wardlaw's at 1:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
LOVE IT!!! I just love your style, you have great taste! I think the "art armoire" turned out great! Way to go! And I think I might just need to add another armoire to my collection as well! Ha!
LOVE IT!!
Post a Comment