Monday, May 31, 2010

Where Have I Been?

I took an unexpected and unintended hiatus this month that can primarily be blamed on our air conditioning going out for two weeks! The office is the hottest room in the house, and there is nothing like extreme heat to put you out of the blogging mood. In fact, it put me out of every kind of mood...cleaning, cooking, organizing., etc. When you are hot and sticky, and your kids wake up from naps sweaty and moody, you just don't feel like cleaning. Cooking makes the house even hotter. Instead, we spent a lot of time outside or on the go to avoid the still, thick air of the house.

However, as in most trials, you often learn what you are most grateful for. I am grateful for ceiling fans and very grateful that we have a ceiling fan in almost every room of the house. I am grateful for the cool front that came in the first week that made living with the windows open a very comfortable experience. I am grateful that my husband is handy and was able to save us $800 by fixing a small problem himself when the air conditioning went out the first time. I am even more grateful immediately after he fixed the air conditioning, I bought a home warranty "in case any bigger problems happened in the future". 48 hours later, we made our first claim because the ac had stopped and a new problem had emerged. The problem was fixed three visits and 7 days later, and we were only out of pocket $55. Also, in that week, I made a 2nd claim because our garage door stopped working. Thank you home warranty! I am grateful for all the friends that insisted that we spend the night at their house. I am grateful that this happened in May instead of July. And now, as I sit in my cool office, I am very very grateful for air conditioning!

Most importantly, we learned that we can live with much less than we think we can. Sometimes God has to teach this stubborn girl that the hard way!
"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

0 comments: