Sunday, February 28, 2010

Things I did while my husband was away...

Wednesday morning, Justin left with a fun group of guys from our church to donate their time and "man"power to helping repair and restore the guest cottages and facilities at Parish Hermitage in St. Amant, Louisiana (about 40 miles NE of New Orleans.)  For those who went to ACU, you might be familiar with Eddie Parish,  an ACU theology professor, who now runs along with his wife, this Christian retreat center focusing on marriage and reconnecting with God.  


Although, Justin is a contractor, most of his days are spent overseeing the job site, in the office keeping up with book-keeping, at the city dealing with inspections and permitting, and running materials to the job to keep things running on schedule.  He often says that labor is good for his soul, so I was excited about this opportunity for him.  However, it left me with a lot of time to fill up days until he returned home Sunday evening.

Here are a couple of things I did while he was gone:

1. Backed into Justin's truck (Just a small ding on the side)*
2. Backed into the garage*
3. Read lots of adventures with Curious George. 
4. Made Asher laugh!
5. Had races with David.
5. Left my keys in the middle of the street.  (A fact I learned when my mail-woman, Berdell, was outside my house pushing my car alarm button on my key chain trying to see whose car alarm would go off so she could return the keys. My car alarm was going off inside my garage. Needless to say, I hugged a woman I had never met before when I realized that nobody would have access to my house and car that evening while my sweet boys and I slept in our house alone!)
6.  Painted Asher's room again!  I am finally satisfied.
7.  Started painting the trim in our bathroom.  It just needs some touch up.
8.  Attended an incredible woman's conference.  For you mamas who haven't heard about Sally Clarkson, her books will change your life.  You can read her blog here.
9.  Had a refreshing break (while my wonderful mother-in-law watched my babies) and spent a lot of time getting to know more women at my church and hearing (and learning) from some of their incredible stories.  I love hearing about people's stories!
10.  Missed my husband and felt very fortunate that I do not have to be on this crazy ride alone.

*Car mishaps, unfortunately, are not a completely unexpected thing for me.  Don't get me wrong, knock on wood, I have not had a ticket in probably 5 years, and I have not had an accident since college.  Although, for those who remember that accident, it was pretty severe :).  However, I do have a complete inability to backup in a straight line.  This may sound ridiculous to somebody who can, but I just can't.  My neighbors should get quite a laugh watching my attempts to pull out of my garage.  When, I was 16, I failed my first driving test to get my license. Does anybody actually do that!  Justin is well aware of my flaws and thankfully accepts them with a little laughter and a couple extra dings on his vehicle.

1 comments:

The Gradke Family said...

I love it. Sounds like a fun filled weekend. I have the car thing twice when Regan has been out of town. Once I hit the garage door and the other the garage door hit my car (i did not pull in far enough). We are blessed to have loving husbands that look part those things. Your boys are just to cute. I love reading your blogs.