I have been working on getting our house organized, getting rid of things we don't need, and coming up with some fun projects. First up...a Roman shade for my laundry room.
I saw this tutorial on how to make a roman shade out of mini blind on the Little Green Notebook Blog several weeks back and since it wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg, I finally became inspired to do a little updating to our boring laundry room. So, I had my hubby pick up a mini blind from Lowe's for $2.96 and I picked up some fun Amy Butler fabric and $13 later, I had a custom working roman shade. No sewing. Not too bad!
I finally put up some rain gutter book shelves in the boys room. Lot's more dreams for their room, but one step at a time.
A kid-accessible drawer just for kids dishes. Since they can get their own snacks and water now and David can get things for his brother, they have also been excited to have a new responsibility of helping me set the table and put their own dishes away.
My good thrift store find this week, a children's table ($12). We have a children's table and chair set (that I received on my first Christmas) in our living room that the boys use all the time, but I wanted one for their room.
It looks remarkably similar to this $279 version from The Land of Nod. I am not sure what is going on with the duck tape on the leg, but it is nothing that a husband with a nail gun can't fix. I am excited for a new project.
Organizing all those loose mittens and hats in our coat closet.
And my other favorite find this month, a jenny lind children's rocking chair in perfect condition for one our many reading corners. I have a special affinity for children's furniture (and children's books). $10 thrift store find!


2 comments:
ALL great ideas Mrs. Wardlaw!!! I may have to steal a few of them! :) Hope all is well... we really need to try to get together sometime; it's been way too long! Miss you!
~K.M.
Stalking your blog....haven't read it in awhile! and I'm thinking, "how have i never noticed this cute shade over the back door in the laundry room?" haha. have I even been in the laundry room? I think so? ha.
Post a Comment