So we woke up bright in early Saturday to make the Homecoming parade. I actually should have woken up earlier to make my club breakfast, but I just couldn't manage to set my clock for 5am. I know, I know. I am a terrible alumni!!
The boys were supposed to be able to ride with me, but when I saw the car they had selected for me to ride in, I called a quick change to our plan. I had this in my back pocket, just in case it was necessary. Since people throw candy from the parade floats, I asked the boys if they wanted to "watch" the parade and catch candy instead. They agreed and crisis was averted. And good thing. This car was this man's pride and joy, and I would have been devastated if anything was bumped or finger-printed. As well, the emergency break was on my side of the car, so it could have been easily kicked by a restless little boy.
The boys loved the parade, and catching candy. They got to see fun floats like their dad's old fraternity, Sub-T, and their traditoinal gob-mobile.
David in the Gob-mobile.
After the parade, the 2001 and 2011 homecoming courts were presented in chapel. Much like 10 years ago,
when all else fails, pretend that you know the school song and do the motions.
Finally, we were free for lunch, and we headed back to Buffalo Gap for an amazing greasy enchilada plate at Lola's...famous for great food and providing no service. I mean it. You get your own drinks, utensils, chip refills, and it is worth it!
My boys were so tired by lunch time...
This pretty much sums up Asher's weekend...grumpy! Unless ofcourse, he was doing exactly what he wanted to do which usually included not holding anyone's hand or running away!
Finally, our last stop...the football game. It was pretty exciting game! ACU has come a long way since my college days. David had been talking for weeks about going to the football game! He loved it.
And finally, the coming home court's final presentation on the field with the 2011 homecoming court where the new queen was announced.
It is hard to believe 10 years can go by so fast! Maybe it should be harder to believe that I still feel so young! It was so much fun to be back on campus, see old friends, and see how much campus has changed in just 10 years. Mostly, it was fun to share this expereince with my family and Justin's mom and dad. Justin and I wouldn't start dating until a couple months after homecoming my senior year, so it was special for me to get to do all of this with him.


1 comments:
So sad I missed it! We planned on going but baby girl changed our plans. Wish I could have seen you! Let's make plans soon! Love you, Tiff
Post a Comment