Monday, August 29, 2011

Superheroes

Space has not proven to be an easy thing to get off  David's brain.  He is completely infatuated with all things related to space.  However knights and superheroes have recently made a run for his affection. 

So in an effort to sway his attention, I borrowed some knight themed books from the library last week.  When he read the tale of a knight who wore a red cape, he decided that he would need a cape so he could be a knight too, and asked if I would make him one.  I love the character that knights represent for little boys, so I considered that I just might blow some dust off my sewing machine after almost a year hiatus, and make him a cape.  However, before I could get started, he realized that Batman wore a cape and so of course a Batman cape was in order.

So recalling some very creative capes I have seen in the blog world made with pillow cases, I grabbed a couple of pillowcases on a grocery run to Walmart.  I used some leftover felt for the emblems and ties, and I now have two superheroes in the house!
You can't fell much safer than that!

I think they have been worn non-stop for about seven days! 

 
 



We are doing some fun "Batman" activities this week since it is the last week before school starts.
Here they are having some "Batman" and "Superman" jello!  Otherwise known as Blue and Red jello.  If it gets them to eat all their dinner, I am not above giving anything a Superhero title!



Of course, my momentum was going now, so I couldn't just stop with one project.  Since the sewing machine was already out, I had to create this felt solar system for my space loving little boys.  I saw this several weeks ago on the super creative Counting Coconuts blog.  Her version is a lot better.  I am pretty sure anybody's version would be better, but this works for us, and the boys love it!  Even Asher can identify four of the planets.   Love being a mommy of boys and all their adventurous interests!

1 comments:

Kim said...

You are such a good momma, Yvette. Your boys are blessed to have you without a doubt. And they are cute as can be, too. ;)