Asher turns 11 weeks old this week and I finally feel like I am getting my head above water. He is sleeping better, Praise the Lord. After what seemed like endless weeks of waking up every two hours, he had an 8 hour run last night. He is an angel and I can't get enough of kissing his sweet cheeks and seeing his face light up when he gets your attention.
This has got to go down in the record books as one of the most exhausting times of our lives. Justin has been working long hours trying to meet approaching deadlines and unfortunately, more than once he has come home to a sleep deprived , slightly insane, tearful wife. To make matters worse, our new neighbors have a dog that barks all night and sleeps in a dog run right behind all our bedroom windows! So not only were Justin, Asher, and I awake all night, now David wasn't sleeping either. I knew we would have to talk to them, but I was immediately regretting not running over there as soon as we moved in to meet them on good terms. I was pretty sure that no matter how nicely we tried to handle this, most people don't take complaints from their neighbors very well. Our meeting didn't go exactly great, but thankfuly, the problem was resolved. I was dreading the idea of making enemies with our neighbors. We really have huge hopes for the relationships we can make in this neighborhood. And sleep makes a world of difference!
I am excited about Christmas and starting traditions with my family. We are taking everything in. Making Christmas cookies, gingerbread houses, reading Christmas books, learning Christmas songs, and learning all about the night Christ was born. Such a sweet time for Justin and I with our little boys.
David playing with his first nativity set.
Saturday morning, I made gingerbread pancakes and then we bundled the boys up so we could head out to Grapevine to ride The Polar Express. David has a special love for anything motorized these days, but he especially loves trains. He was in heaven the entire ride.

His first time to meet Santa Claus.
Then this morning we started with breakfast with bear. David has a huge love for his animals, especially Monkey and Bear and invites them frequently to dine with us! In the last week David has decided that he no longer needs a high chair and can sit at the table. This is ok with me of course, as long as 1) He actually sits and does not stand or jump on his chair and 2) He actually stays in his chair and does not roam the kitchen or house with messy fingers or utensils! But I have to admit, I really love having him at the table. It makes for some fun conversations during meal time!

That night we decorated our first "real" Christmas tree. I love the smell of a real tree. David loved helping with the ornaments and managed to get about 10 ornaments on 2 branches. Every time he successfully hung an ornament, he would encourage himself saying "Good job, Day Day." I wonder where he gets that from! (David decided on his own that the hat would make a good accessory that evening!)

Then this morning we started with breakfast with bear. David has a huge love for his animals, especially Monkey and Bear and invites them frequently to dine with us! In the last week David has decided that he no longer needs a high chair and can sit at the table. This is ok with me of course, as long as 1) He actually sits and does not stand or jump on his chair and 2) He actually stays in his chair and does not roam the kitchen or house with messy fingers or utensils! But I have to admit, I really love having him at the table. It makes for some fun conversations during meal time!
Next, we took off to Northpark for our annual model train show visit. Usually, the idea of parking far away and pulling kids through a mall is not my idea of fun things to do, however Northpark does such a great job of having fun activities during the Holidays. We were able to see ducks, turtles, fountains, and of course, Santa! David was in heaven watching all the model trains go by.


1 comments:
wow girl, you've been busy!! sorry we were one of the "approaching deadlines!" that drove you to tears :) but it sure will be fun to be neighbors again
Post a Comment